Caring can be isolating. A regular call to a carer lets them know they are not alone.
From our office in Bedford, Biggleswade or Leighton Buzzard, you will ring a small number of carers each week or so to listen and chat to them.
You will check our database for an update on their situation before making the call. Any complex issues will be referred to a support worker. All calls are logged on a database. You may also make other one-off calls to carers for example to remind them of appointments.
What we are looking for?
- A commitment to ring around 10 people per month
- No qualifications or experience needed
- Good listening and communication skills
- Ability to be calm, patient and caring
- Punctuality and reliability
- An understanding of, and commitment to, confidentiality – training provided
- A commitment to team work with volunteers and staff from a variety of backgrounds
- A commitment to attend an induction, relevant learning and development workshops
How will you be supported in this role?
- Your own staff link for individual support
- Volunteer induction session (90 minutes)
- Help to use the database
- Volunteer socials and events
- Travel expenses covered
How this helps you
- Join a small friendly team
- Chance to meet new people
- Flexible times
- Practice active listening skills
- Office base
- Chance to work within established professional systems
Ask about this role