The Carers Lounges offer a safe space within the busy hospital setting to family and friends of patients
It is a place for you to come and unwind, get some advice and emotional support especially when things can get quite overwhelming. We know it can be distressing and a real strain to cope with your new or ongoing caring role.
You can meet carer support workers and on various days there are staff available who specialise in different areas of supporting carers. We work with other organisations such as Age UK, Keech Hospice, Alzheimers Society and the Stroke Association and they hold regular sessions where you can meet and chat with them. No appointments or referrals needed.
The Bedford Hospital Lounge (South Wing)
- Mon-Fri 11am-6pm
- Outside of these times, you can post your details and a message through the letter box on the door
- Benefits advice, health and care information, a listening ear and a cup of tea!
- 01234 355122 (ext 5247 or ask for Carers Lounge) 07794 005996
- The lounge opened in 2012 and has recently won a national Patient Experience Award
- The lounge is situated in the South Wing, off the Britannia Road corridor, signposted towards the Committee Room and then is first on the left
- Lounge Coordinator - Christina Offord (see below)
The Luton & Dunstable University Hospital Lounge
- This our newest Lounge and opened in October 2015
- Mon-Fri 10am-5pm
- Information and support. Other charities like Keech, MIND, Luton Confident Carers also provide drop in services
- 01582 491166 (ext 2362 or ask for Carers Lounge) 07471 038398
- The lounge is situated on the ground floor of the St Mary's Wing, it is directly in front of you as you go through the main doors to the wing
- Lounge Coordinator - Maria Panteli (see below)