Volunteers - we couldn't do it without you!
We have an amazing band of volunteers and this Volunteers Week, we salute you!
Thank you for everything you do, your time, your enthusiasm and commitment. We now have more than 120 people signed up as volunteers. Each of you make a huge difference to carers and to staff. In 206/17, you gave us 8500 hours of your time!
Staff hugely appreciate the contribution made by volunteers
- "The contribution volunteers make is invaluable. They do this with enthusiasm and dedication to any task. The time invested by us is nothing in comparison to the huge return on that investment!"
- "Fresh ideas and approach – the reinforcement that comes with being reminded each time I see them that they are freely choosing to give us their precious time"
- "Getting a lot of work done that I would never find time to do"
Volunteers value different things about being a Carers in Bedfordshire volunteer:
- "Being able to talk to carers and the people they care for"
- "Speaking to people, making them laugh"
- "Feeling like a valued member of the team"
- "Meeting people, exchanging ideas, lots to learn"
- "Simply being able to help someone"
- "The special relationship I feel I have with my client and his wife"
- "We are always kept in touch with all that is happening"
- "Made me realise life didn’t stop when I retired"
If you would like to join our volunteer team please take a look at our volunteering pages