For the latest NHS information in Bedfordshire
Children & Parents
Parent Advice Sheet for when your child is ill. Pdf document. 17/4
Community Health Service Update 17/4
Bedfordshire Children’s Service – Contact. Jpg flyer. 17/4
Children Nurse SEND support - The nurse-led clinics are temporarily extending their phone drop-in hours 9:30 to 11 30am Mon-Fri on 01234 310271. The clinics provide advice to families of children with additional needs and can offer support with sleep, behaviour, toileting and eating problems
Diabetes Service in Bedfordshire 17/4
- The Integrated Community Diabetes Service (ICDS) provides support and advice for people who have diabetes (and their carers) that are managed in primary care. During the pandemic, the ICDS team have been or are likely to be redeployed elsewhere, the remaining staff will continue to take calls but a temporary single point of contact has been set up.
- The advice line is available 7 days a week for urgent inquiries only.
The telephone number is 07778 455289.
or on 01582 718431 (South Beds).
Dentist Update from Bedford Healthwatch – 1 April 20 - Pdf file to read. 6/4.
Mental Health NHS Services in Bedford Borough. Read pdf. NEW 29/6
Mental Health NHS services in Central Bedfordshire. Read pdf. NEW 29/6
Mental Health Crisis by ELFT. To read more. 27/4
Telephone Befriending Service for service users now available. To read more. 27/4
Call for feedback. Visit website 6/4
GP Practices Changes in Bedfordshire by BCCG – 1 April 20. To read more. 6/4
If you are having any difficulties accessing health services in Bedfordshire, then contact your local Healthwatch for advice and support:
- Bedford Hospital Blood Services have now moved to Gilbert Hitchcock House. For further details 27/4
- Bedford Hospital and L&D Hospital have merged to form Bedfordshire Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust. Visit website. 6/4
- Bedfordshire Hospitals.Visitor Restrictions - Next of Kin Liaison Service. Visit website. 5/6
- ELFT wards restrictions. To read more.
- Lister Hospital - Patients with minor injuries and illnesses are no longer treated at Lister Hospital. Visit Website. Visitors Restrictions. Visit website. 6/4
iCash – Contraception & Sexual Health. To read more
Mental Health in Bedfordshire. To read more.
NHS 111 for Mental Health issues for all ages. Read jpg. NEW 29/6
Physiotherapists - Circle Integrated Care. To read more.
Wellbeing Service - Bedfordshire
All face-to-face appointments cancelled. Appointments by telephone or video call.
Services currently on offer: 5/6
- Worry Management Course. Read pdf.
- Computerised Cognitive Behaviour Therapy – SilverCloud. Read pdf.
- Mood Management Course. Read pdf.
- Support for Older People. Read pdf.
- Guided Self Help. Read pdf.
Available on Instagram @Bedfordshirews 27/4